Kapama Photographic Workshop Introduction
Kapama Private Game Reserve is delighted to host world-class photographic training by a leading South African wildlife photographer, the Kapama Photographic Workshop – hands-on in the African bush.
Hosted by professional wildlife photographer Albie Venter, the workshop is aimed at beginner and intermediate photographers. It also aims to bring together like-minded people who enjoy both nature and photography. During the Kapama Photographic Workshop, you will learn everything from operating a camera to how to compose and spot evocative photographs. You will also be able to put your newly acquired knowledge into action, and hone your skills during private game drives through the Kapama Reserve.
Whether you have never picked up a camera before or just want to learn to use the one you have better, the emphasis of the weekend is on learning both the technical and artistic sides of photography in a relaxing natural environment. All appropriate genres of photography will be discussed, and the theoretical aspects will be taught during the sessions hosted in the lodge conference room. The game drives during the weekend are aimed at putting knowledge into practice, with guidance from the professional photographer on your vehicle. Groups are kept small to ensure personal attention. A maximum of six people are accommodated on the game drive vehicle, to ensure all participants have ‘window’ seats.
Kapama Photographic Workshop Details
- Capacity: 6 people.
- Activities: Classroom-theory training sessions, and hands-on game drives.
- Feedback: Images taken during the weekend will be critiqued by the professional photographers.
- Experience: All levels – group sizes are small enough to provide individual attention.
- Equipment: Bring along a digital SLR camera, a 200 mm lens, a wide-angle lens, a tripod, a flash and remote release if you have, as well as a laptop. However, any necessary equipment can also be rented for the duration of the course. See details below.
- Other: Private game viewing vehicles are allocated to host six photographers and one professional photographer guide per vehicle. Non-photographer partners are welcome to accompany game drives. Participants may be asked to rotate seats in the vehicles, taking it in turns to sit in the more popular front seats and the less popular rear seats. This requirement applies to everyone.
Camera and lens rental on the Kapama Photographic Workshop
Don’t have all the equipment you need? The latest camera models and lenses are available for hire at Kapama. Contact us for further information regarding your requirements and hire costs.
About your Kapama Photographic Workshop hosts
As the official Kapama Photographic Workshop host for Kapama Private Game Reserve, Albie has photographed and published work that has been contributed to various premium publications and is well known for pushing the boundaries of photography to create explosive images.
Kapama Photographic Workshop Accommodations
Kapama Photographic Workshop Pricing
The supplement rate is based on group bookings for one day, in addition to the lodge accommodation rate, but a minimum of two days are required.
- for two people per day including accommodation. **
- for four people per day including accommodation. **
- for six people per day including accommodation. **
*Rates valid until 30 November 2017.
**A minimum of two days are required for the Workshop.
- Private vehicle.
- Photographic tuition, notes and other training material.
- Daily game drives.
- Hard-copy notes and a CD of the notes, images and presentations.
- Travel to and from the workshop at Kapama Private Game Reserve.
- Travel insurance.
- Drinks not specified.
- Gratuities to the driver, guide and lodge staff.
- All expenses of a personal nature.